Solomon Islands to host 2023 Pacific Games

first_imgPic courtesty Solomon Islands PM’s Press Secretariat/Fcebook: Solomon Islands delegation led by PM Manasseh Sogavare with other Pacific islands delegates at a function for the Pacific Games bid in Port Vila The Pacific Games Council’s General Assembly voted in favour of the Melanesian country by one vote over French Polynesia, which also lost out to Tonga in the final vote for the 2019 Games.RNZI reports both delegations made their final presentations in Port Vila on Wednesday.The Solomon Islands government had promised to build a new national stadium in Honiara if it won the hosting rights.The President of the Pacific Games Council, Vidhya Lakhan, says the Solomons had a high-powered delegation to push for their case.”Solomon Islands had their Prime Minister, their Deputy Prime Minister, the Leader of the Opposition, the Deputy Mayor. I don’t think anybody was left back at home but they were here in full force. They did a pretty good presentation and were able to convince the General Assembly that we should meet in Honiara in 2023.”Solomon Islands will be the eighth country to host the full Pacific Games, after Fiji, New Caledonia, Papua New Guinea, French Polynesia, Samoa, Guam and Tonga.last_img read more

Read More →

Vipers force 10-10 draw against Muruks

first_imgThe SNS Port Moresby Vipers came back in the second half to force a 10-10 draw against the PRK Mendi Muruks this afternoon at the National Football Stadium, Port Moresby.The Muruks were the better side, taking a 10-6 lead at half time through tries to Andrew Ipi and fullback Joe Joshua.The Vipers’ only try in the first half was scored by John Ragi Jnr.The Vipers muscled up in defence and fought their way back into the game in the second half.The equaliser came in the 68th minute of play when Karo Kauna Jnr crossed over for the Vipers.Both sides tussled it out in the remaining 12 minutes to  break the deadlock but had to settle to share competition points in the round 10 Digicel Cup encounter.last_img

Read More →

Hope Solo on the Moment She Is Suspended for Olympics Outburst: ‘Seventeen F—— Years and It’s Over’

first_img“Seventeen f—— years and it’s over,” an angry, teary-eyed Solo shouts in an exclusive clip from the Fullscreen series Keeping Score, obtained by PEOPLE.A camera crew from the documentary series was on hand at a Seattle hotel to capture Solo’s reaction after her Aug. 24 meeting with United States Coach Jill Ellis and the federation’s chief executive, Dan Flynn. The decision to discipline Solo came after she called the Swedish team “a bunch of cowards” after they eliminated the United States in the quarterfinals of the Rio Olympics.”Six months suspension,” Solo says as she hugs her husband, former NFL player Jerramy Stevens, in a nearby hotel conference room. “No pay. Terminated contract. Effective immediately.”Solo, widely regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world, then turns from her husband and glares at the camera, pounds her hand on a table and says: “Terminated contract. Not just a suspension.”U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati said the comments Solo made after the loss to Sweden were “unacceptable and do not meet the standard of conduct we require from our National Team players.”And while many applauded the decision, some have questioned whether Solo, who has been crusading for better pay for female players, was punished more harshly than a male player would have been.Three days after she learned of her suspension, the Seattle Reign FC of the National Women’s Soccer League, announced that Solo had been “granted a personal leave” before the team faced off against the Portland Thorns.The Keeping Score series consists of six episodes that document Solo, Megan Rapinoe and Crystal Dunne’s journeys before, at and after the Summer Games through self-shot footage, along crew cameras.This last episode in the series, dealing with Solo’s suspension, will air September 2.last_img read more

Read More →

The biggest commotion in 10 years

first_imgIn campaign 13-14, Real Madrid and Barcelona met again in the match that decided the title. The whites won by 1-2. A year later, Atlético de Madrid appealed to whites in the round of 16, but Barcelona reached the final and again lifted the title beating Athletic (1-3). Madrid made a mistake in Carranza, with the alignment of Cherishev in the first leg of the round of 16. It cost him the elimination in that campaign 15-16. Barcelona, ​​meanwhile, again added one more cup to its history by winning in the final to Sevilla 2-0. In May 2017, Barcelona revalidated its title, with a win over Alavés by 3-1. Madrid had stayed before, had been eliminated by Celta in the quarterfinals. Barcelona chained its fourth consecutive title in the 17-18 season. He beat Sevilla in the final 5-0, while Madrid had left their options in the quarterfinals, when Leganés eliminated him. Last season Barcelona could not repeat. Valencia beat him in the final 2-1. The Catalans could be in the match for the title after knocking down Real Madrid in the semifinals. Since that season, the presence of one of the two greats in the semifinals has been continued and one has always been in the final. In fact, in 2011 both played the title in a final that Cristiano decided with a header. In 2012, Barcelona beat Athletic in the Madrid final 3-0, while Real Madrid had been left out against the Barca team in the quarterfinals. In the 2013 final, Atlético took the Bernabéu in a cup butt derby that won 1-2. Barcelona had reached the semifinals, where he lost to Madrid. Historical commotion in the Cup. Neither Madrid nor Barcelona will be in the semifinals, but the thing is not there. Neither will be either of the two teams that accompanied them in the recent Spanish Super Cup played in Saudi Arabia. Since the 2003 edition, one of those four teams had disputed the seminars. The Cup to a match has ended the status quo of the competition. The Cup to a match has led the two most powerful teams in Spanish football. Neither Real Madrid nor Barcelona will be in the semifinals of the competition after being eliminated by Real Sociedad and Barcelona, ​​respectively. The new format has given rise to several surprises, the last two, the failures of two teams manufactured to add titles. This year the Cup will not decorate its showcases. It is a historical circumstance. La Real and Athletic have ended a decade of hegemony of the two greats. Since the 2009-10 season edition, at least one of them did not miss the semifinals. On that occasion both of them also missed that round, they had fallen, in fact, long before.Madrid crashed in front of Alcorcón, on another mythical night of Spanish football, in the round of 16. Barcelona fell later, in the knockout stages, to double match against Sevilla. In fact, Hispanics were proclaimed champions of that 2010 edition by beating Atlético 0-2 in a final played at the Camp Nou. The rojiblancos had obtained their place in the final after eliminating Racing de Santander. Sevilla, meanwhile, ended the hopes of Getafe.last_img read more

Read More →

Málaga and Víctor do not reach an agreement and there will be a trial

first_imgThe deadlines for the resolution of the dismissal of the coach and his assistants will be different. “This week we will file the lawsuit. The trial of Victor Sanchez del Amo will be before that the others, They go through a slightly more ordinary procedure. Victor’s, as we understand that there is a violation of fundamental rights, will go fast. We believe that there may be a signaling within two months or so “added Valverde.The lawyer of the technician ensures that Victor “is fine, very quiet, awaiting the events, which will already be produced by the judicial process. “ Málaga and Víctor Sánchez del Amo have not reached an agreement in the act of conciliation that took place this afternoon at the Mediation, Arbitration and Conciliation Center (CMAC) of Malaga to deal with the dismissal of the Madrid coach and his coaching staff. Víctor demanded that the club be declared void for violation of fundamental rights, readmission to his job and compensation of 600,000 euros for moral damages sufferedThe parties have not reached an understanding and the case will go to trial. “There has been no agreement. Now we will file the lawsuit in court and wait for a date for both the case of Victor and the case of his staff. There has been no proposal from Malaga, they have only said that there is no possibility of agreement, which we expected “, affirmed the lawyer of the former blue and white technical body, Francisco Valverde, who also serves as the legal representative of the APA in his judicial battle against the Al Thani family. On the part of Malaga appeared in the CMAC the lawyer Álvaro Gómez de la Vega.last_img read more

Read More →

Mr. Braithwaite Express – AS.com

first_imgLast week ended with Barça, presumably happy, cutting two points to the Madrid in The league. But the current one did not begin with illusion, but with the scandal in the social networks of I3 Ventures, which has coexisted in parallel with the negotiation to sign Braithwaite and explanations of Messi in Sports world. That, and not another, is the reality of Barça, a club that is filled with candidates who already paste electoral posters but, in the meantime, is obliged to defend their status as champion. Survive the tsunami of sweeping scandals Can Barça it seems impossible, but in it is Setien, which brought a survival manual that should be falling short. The Eibar appears in the Camp Nou after fifteen days off by the postponement of the match against the Real and some uncertainty (follow the match live on As.com). Squeeze from below and the gunsmiths are required to add. Balance, the man who defined clairvoyantly to Messi (“park well”), has passed to the disqualification affectionate (“the bastard rests playing”); and has defined the game as “nightmare.” He knows that Barça’s escape route when he is in institutional and costume trouble is usually in the grass. Its players, experts, isolate and respond to prevent the partner’s focus from pointing at them.There are three points of interest in Barça code. First, the possible express debut of Braithwaite, which will not be the owner but must download minutes to Griezmann before the Naples. Then, the strange streak of Messi, who had six years without being four days of unmarked League. The Argentine has just admitted not feeling able to lift the Champions. Message of certain resignation that is only understood if it is a strategy in a furious winner like him. The Golden Ball He has discomfort, although in principle he will play.Finally, and although Setién ensures not to look at Naples, the match is three days away and the lineup will be conditioned by Tuesday’s game. Or for him Classic, for which Umtiti Y Lenglet you’re warned. A victory will not put out the fires in the boardroom. But a stumble would directly result in a bomb on the eve of two decisive parties.last_img read more

Read More →

British televisions will lose more than a billion

first_imgThe initial decision that the Premier would return on April 30 seems increasingly utopian. The British government is expected to further lengthen the confinement, which It would further burden the league championship, postponing it until August if necessary. This would not only mean an economic setback for the clubs, but also for televisions.And is that, according to Enders Analysis, a company in charge of carrying out media studies, Sky Sports and BT could stop entering more than a billion euros if the Premier does not return before August.Complicated scenario, but at the same time nothing crazy, because the government is considering a three-month confinement, as reported by The Guardian. The break for soccer could be even greater, since, according to the same media, “Group activities of 25 people that involve unprotected physical contact will not be the first allowed when social life resumes.” This has led to two payment platforms such as Sky, the dominant company in terms of sports programming, and BT, have taken out the calculator to see what the consequences would be for his coffers on the assumption that the ball would not roll again in England until August. Enders Analysis data estimates that the first of them would stop earning just over 766 million euros; while BT would lose revenues of almost 250 million. In other words, the losses of both televisions would exceed one billion.But this will not be your only problem, They will also have to think about how to act with their clients. The first packages of measures have already been taken. Sky has stopped charging commercial customers, such as pub owners, for its services, and has given the option to other subscribers to pause their payments. BT, for its part, will give subscribers the option to “discuss” their contract.last_img read more

Read More →

Juanfran: “Diniz highly values ​​Simeone’s defensive work”

first_imgJuanfran, historical side of Atlético de Madrid, now in Sao Paulo, compared in Alo Tricolor to his current coach, Fernando Diniz, with whom he has been in the last seven and a half years, Simeone at Atlético. “He has very good concepts, not only offensively, but defensively. I come from one of the best in the world, at the defensive level, Simeone, and Fernando highly values ​​Simeone’s defensive work. I’m learning things I didn’t think I’d learn at 35“he argued on the Sao Paulo FC channel.Juanfran also spoke about his reception when he signed for Sao Paulo last summer, once his contract with the Atletico club ended, when he arrived in 2010 and left after nine seasons and 355 games. When he arrived in Brazil, he was already received as an idol by the Sao Paulo fans, with whom he signed until December 2020. “The reception really moved me when I got to Morumbi. You realize there is something special for fans. It was a very special night“ His passion for ‘Back to the future’An interview in which he also revealed one of his great passions: ‘Back to the future’. “It is one of the favorite movies of my life. I know all the dialogues, I bought the cars from the three (toy) movies, which are different“He argued. A cinephile passion that he shared with those who for years as a rojiblanco It was his partner on the side, Filipe Luis, who also left Atlético for Brazil in 2019 (Flamengo), keeps more than 3,000 titles at home and he’s always been a staunch fan of Clint Eastwood, to whom Steven Spielberg He pays special tribute to the third and last installment of the saga starring Michael J. Fox and which Juanfran likes so much.last_img read more

Read More →

Alavés will sue Fuchs for his fear of Maccabi Haifa

first_imgOne of the things that the sports director of Alavés talked about in his day, Sergio Fernández, It is of what “Some players who belong to our club are here because of the inheritance of the agreement we had with Sochaux in its day”. He was referring to Páez, Rafa Navarro or the French Verdon and Fuchs “. Most of them have found accommodation on loan but the last one left Haifa by his own decision since he did not enjoy the minutes he wanted in Israel. He did it before Christmas and returned to France, not Vitoria. Has a contract until 2023 so that, if Alavés wants to get rid of him, he will have to reach an agreement with BS Group-BS Law, agency that represents you right now. Or not … because the club from Vitoria has explored the option of denouncing the footballer for unilaterally breaking a three-way commitment between the two clubs and himself. If the sports authorities agree with the albiazul entity, Sergio Fernandez it will remove a good weight from above. Three months ago he was about to leave for United States but his high profile again complicated the negotiations.The player, an intense man in midfield despite his short stature, is passing the confinement of the Covid-19 in France. There were also interests to recruit him from that country, but they did not work for the same cause. The blue-white agreements with Sochaux (France), Hercules (Finland) or NK Rudeš (Croatia) did not materialize. In the case of Istra 1961 Dalmatian, however, Alavés did make a strong investment and bought 85% of the shares. The remaining 15% belong to the city council of this Croatian city with great vestiges of the Roman Empire. From this watchtower a network of scouts extends that beat Balkan football and that of other nearby countries such as Romania or Hungary. This is a small midfielder born in Yaoundé (Cameroon) and he is 22 years old. As he emigrated to the French country as a young man, and has a relatively good level, went international in the lower categories of the French teams, although right now it plays with the absolute one of its country of origin. He has a clause close to 40 million euros and his salary is close to 400,000. It is therefore very difficult to place him.Fuchs was one of the few players who made it to the test in the preseason of the 2019-20 and that were officially presented. Other footballers like Wed or Ortolan, without going further, they did not even go through the press room of Mendizorroza or Ibaia. But he did not convince Asier Garitano in the first few weeks and had to pack up for Israel. The Maccabi Haifa took control of its services in that market.last_img read more

Read More →